1N / 2D
2799 ₹ / PERSON
Prashar Lake lies 49 km north of Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India, with a three storied pagoda-like temple dedicated to the sage Prashar. The lake is located at a height of 2730 m above sea level. With deep blue waters, the lake is held sacred to the sage Prashar and he is regarded to have meditated there. Surrounded by snow-capped peaks and looking down on the fast flowing river Beas, the lake can be approached via Drang.
The temple was built in the thirteenth century and legend has it was built by a baby from a single tree. The lake has a floating island in it and it is said to be unclear how deep it is, with a diver not being able to determine its depth.
Day 1: Arrival at Mandi | Trek To Parashar Lake
Here you will get room to wash and change and will be served Breakfast. Then, you will be driven for around 26km to the scenic Baggi village; arriving in the village, enjoy packed lunch and get energized. Post this; begin with the trek to the Prashar Lake. Ascend and descend through the easy, yet captivating trails for around 4-5 hours till you reach the lakeside. Once beside the lake, settle down in the camps and enjoy the evening with an engrossing campfire and fun group activities followed by snacks, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Parashar Lake | Departure
After a delicious breakfast, you will have the opportunity to explore the immaculate surroundings and the stunning landscapes of the Prashar Lake on a guided tour. Visit a nearby temple and start descending towards Baggi; Arriving in Baggi, get your packed lunch and take a drive to Mandi, where you will be relaxing for the day. Post dinner in Mandi, depart the vicinity and start with our onward journey to Delhi and mark the end of this Prashar Lake trekking tour.
- Cancellation stage: more than 10 days prior to departure.
- 75% refund excluding transportation
- Cancellation stage: Between 6-10 days prior to departure.
- 50% refund excluding transportation
- Cancellation stage: 0-5 days prior to departure
- No refund will be provided upon cancellation done within 3days before departure
- Can we keep our luggage at Mandj?
Yes. You will be provided with a luggage room facility at Mandi where you can keep your luggage and take water bottle, camera etc. in a day sack to the hilltop with you.
- When does the Prashar Lake trek starts?
The trek start timing is generally 10 AM. So you have to reach to the reporting site (Near Mandi Bus stand) by 10 AM
- How much time does it take to trek to Prashar Lake from Mandi?
It will take approx. 4-5 hours to complete the trek. Total distance of Triund trek is approx. 7 km. one way
- Where do I need to report before the trek starts?
Reporting place will be near to Mandi bus stand. All the details will be shared with you once you book the trek.
- What all facilities are provided during the trek?
You will be provided with sleeping bag, tent accommodation, food, guidance and dry pit toilet as per the plan. No other facilities can be provided.
- How much time does it take to reach Mandi from Delhi?
It will take approx. 10-12 hours to reach Mandi from Delhi by overnight Volvo.
- All bookings are strictly subject to availability and confirmation by payment of Non-refundable Advance.
- No detours will be made for picking up/dropping people.
- Any meal, activity or service not availed by the client will not be adjusted in the package cost and non-refundable under any circumstances.
- We do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft or any other reason. Guests are advised to seek such insurance arrangements in their home country.
- We shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the programme or expenses incurred- directly or indirectly due to natural hazards, accident, breakdown of machinery, equipment’s, transport, weather condition, sickness, landslides, political closures or any untoward incidents.
- Please note that these packages are customizable, which means that you will be able to make changes to the itinerary/activity if you so desire. The final payment will be calculated as per the activities reflecting on the website which will be outlined in the confirmatory e-mail sent to you
- In case your package needs to be cancelled due to any natural calamity, weather conditions etc TravelSAGAA team shall strive to give you the maximum possible refund subject to the agreement made with our partners / vendors