Paragliding in Himachal Pradesh is a famous adventurous sport that can be enjoyed at multiple places in the state. However, Bir Billing is the first choice among domestic & international paragliding enthusiasts. The big reason behind this popularity is the place’s high -altitude peaks as well as some amazing aerial views, unforgettable for any paragliding lover. Bir is popularly referred to as the Paragliding Capital of the world and is a noted centre for ecotourism. Billing is the site from which paragliding takes place and Bir is the site for landing; together it is known, Bir Billing. It is a place that serves as home for many Tibetian refugees. It is full of monasteries and Buddhist stupas, which enhances the serenity of the place. The trip to Bir Billing will mesmerize you with its scenic beauty and will provide the adrenaline rush while flying at 9000 feet. The valley of Bir-Billing is well known for paragliding and camping activities.
Day 1: Camping and Hiking at Bir
As you approach closer to Bir, feel a sense of calm in the Bir landscape. The bus reaches Bir in the wee hours of the morning, and then you leave for Bir Campsite. Check-in at your camp and freshen up. The majestic beauty of this place is more than a little overwhelming. Take a break, and have lunch, this is included in your package – Eat as much as you like, make up for those pesky calories you will burn in this trip. Explore the surroundings as we go for waterfall Hike. Look around the town as it never ceases to surprise anyone! At night, enjoy the bonfire bonanza with evening snacks. (Unless by some twist of fate, it ends up raining; although we sure hope not.) You have dinner at the camp. Sing and dance the night away.
Day2: Paragliding in Billing and Departure
After sumptuous breakfast, you will have the opportunity to explore the immaculate surroundings and the stunning landscapes. Enjoy the different activities near camping site. You are free to explore Bir Tibetan colony area if you’re feeling the explorer vibe. Post this get ready for thrilling experience of Bir Billing Paragliding session, take off from Bir Billing Paragliding take off point and land at Bir. After this, proceed for the return trip to Delhi by comfy buses with bucket loads of memories, new friendships and wonderful experiences.
- Cancellation stage: more than 10 days prior to departure.
- 75% refund excluding transportation
- Cancellation stage: Between 6-10 days prior to departure.
- 50% refund excluding transportation
- Cancellation stage: 0-5 days prior to departure
- No refund will be provided upon cancellation done within 3days before departure
- How to reach to Bir Billing paragliding spot?
Distances and route to Bir-Billing:
- Route 1: Delhi – Chandigarh – Kiratpur – Bilaspur – Mandi – Jogindernagar – Bir-Billing :- 520 kms
- Route 2: Manali – Mandi – Jogindernagar – Bir-Billing :- 180 km.
- Route 3: Dharamshala – Palampur – Bir – Billing :- 70 km.
- Route 4: Pathankot – Palampur – Bir – Billing :- 140 km.
- Nearest bus stand is at Baijnath which is 12 km from Bir. Baijnath is well connected with daily buses from Delhi and Chandigarh.
- When does the Bir Billing trek starts?
- he trek start timing is generally 11 AM. So, you have to reach to the reporting site by 11 AM.
- What are the facilities provided during the trek?
- You will be provided with sleeping bag, tent accommodation, food, guidance and toilet as per the program. No other facilities are provided.
- How much time does it take to reach Bir-Billing from Delhi?
- It will take approx. 10-12 hours to reach Bir from Delhi by overnight.
- How safe the paragliding is in Bir-Billing?
- Bir-Billing paragliding is quite safe, pilots here are very experienced and make sure all the safety measures during paragliding.
- What are the best times to visit Bir-Billing for Paragliding?
- Paragliding is possible in Bir-Billing throughout the year except the monsoon. Monsoon here is from early July to late September. October to June is the season for paragliding. Even October – November and March – June are the best time for long flights.
- What to do in Bir-Billing other than paragliding?
- Barot Valley: Home of Trout fish, trekking, relax and leisure stay
- Mountain Biking
- Trekking to Gunda village (Recommended trek)
- Camping in Bir Billing
- What are the things to take along?
- Trekking pants
- Windproof jacket preferably with a hood
- Warm and thick fleece
- Full-sleeve woolen sweater
- Woolen cap
- Woolen gloves
- Woolen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
- Scarf/Muffler (optional)
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
- Lightweight towel(1 unit)
- Toilet, wet-tissue paper(plenty)
- Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers, raincoat/poncho, small light weight towel
- Water bottle, medicines (if require any particular medication)
- Sunscreen lotion
- Cap to keep the intense heat from the sun away from your face, sunglasses, walking stick/trekking pole, torch/flashlight (with extra batteries)
- All bookings are strictly subject to availability and confirmation by payment of Non-refundable Advance.
- No detours will be made for picking up/dropping people.
- Any meal, activity or service not availed by the client will not be adjusted in the package cost and non-refundable under any circumstances.
- We do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft or any other reason. Guests are advised to seek such insurance arrangements in their home country.
- We shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the programme or expenses incurred- directly or indirectly due to natural hazards, accident, breakdown of machinery, equipment’s, transport, weather condition, sickness, landslides, political closures or any untoward incidents.
- Please note that these packages are customizable, which means that you will be able to make changes to the itinerary/activity if you so desire. The final payment will be calculated as per the activities reflecting on the website which will be outlined in the confirmatory e-mail sent to you
- In case your package needs to be cancelled due to any natural calamity, weather conditions etc TravelSAGAA team shall strive to give you the maximum possible refund subject to the agreement made with our partners / vendors