1N / 2D
5000 ₹ / PERSON
There are three reasons one must do this trek – the forests, the birds and the fabulous mountain views. Atop the peak, on a clear day, you can get a 360 degree view of peaks like Nanda Devi, Chaukhambha and Trishul. Another highlight of the trek is the chance to climb up to the world’s highest Shiva temple. Tungnath is a
thousand-year-old temple and is one of the five Panch Kedar, the holiest of Shiva temples. The sunrise from the Chandrashila summit wraps up the trek with strong emotions and memories to take back home.
Day 0: Drive from Delhi to Chopta.
Assemble at either Akshardham Metro Station or ISBT Kashmere gate. Start our journey towards Chopta at 8 PM
and drive to Rishikesh.
Day 1: Arrive at Chopta and Trek to Tungnath.
We reach Rishikesh by 4 AM and then take a halt there. We start our mountain drive to Chopta by 5 AM.
After arriving at Chopta, we have our lunch and then start our trek to the world’s highest lord Shiva temple, which
is Tungnath. After reaching there, explore the temple and enjoy the sunset. Dinner and overnight stay at
Day 3: Early morning trek to Chandrashila, back to Chopta and drive to Delhi.
Wakeup early and we start our trek to Chandrashila at 4-5 AM. After reaching, enjoy the panoramic views of
almost all the peaks of Uttarakhand such as Nanda Devi, Chaukhamba, Kedarnath, Trisul, Gangotri, Shivling,
etc. We start descending at around 8 AM and reach Chopta probably by 12 PM. After having lunch at Chopta, we
begin our drive back to Delhi. Reach Delhi by 7 in the morning next day.
- Cancellation stage: more than 10 days prior to departure.
- 75% refund excluding transportation
- Cancellation stage: Between 6-10 days prior to departure.
- 50% refund excluding transportation
- Cancellation stage: 0-5 days prior to departure
- No refund will be provided upon cancellation done within 3days before departure
- Can we keep our luggage at Chopta?
No. You will not be provided with a luggage room facility at Chopta.
- When does the Chandrashila trek start?
The trek start timing is generally 11:30 AM. So you have to reach to the reporting site by 11 AM.
- How much time does it take to trek to Tungnath from Chopta?
It will take approx. 2.5-3 hours to complete the trek. Total distance of trek is approx. 3 km. one way.
- Where do I need to report before the trek starts?
Reporting place will be near to Chopta bus stand. All the details will be shared with you once you book the trek.
- What all facilities are provided during the trek?
You will be provided with sleeping bag, tent accommodation, food, guidance and toilets as per the plan. No other facilities can be provided.
- How much time does it take to reach Chopta from Delhi?
It will take approx. 12-14 hours to reach Chopta from Delhi by a tempo.
- How difficult is the trek?
Chandrashila trek difficulty level is easy though in an area or two some steep uphill trekking is involved. Other than those steep climb the entire trail is quite easy and can be covered within 3 hours in a leisurely manner.
- All bookings are strictly subject to availability and confirmation by payment of Non-refundable Advance.
- No detours will be made for picking up/dropping people.
- Any meal, activity or service not availed by the client will not be adjusted in the package cost and non-refundable under any circumstances.
- We do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft or any other reason. Guests are advised to seek such insurance arrangements in their home country.
- We shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the programme or expenses incurred- directly or indirectly due to natural hazards, accident, breakdown of machinery, equipment’s, transport, weather condition, sickness, landslides, political closures or any untoward incidents.
- Please note that these packages are customizable, which means that you will be able to make changes to the itinerary/activity if you so desire. The final payment will be calculated as per the activities reflecting on the website which will be outlined in the confirmatory e-mail sent to you
- In case your package needs to be cancelled due to any natural calamity, weather conditions etc TravelSAGAA team shall strive to give you the maximum possible refund subject to the agreement made with our partners / vendors